Access Transcripts (Current Students)
This topic discusses how to view an unofficial transcript and how to request an official transcript. Additionally, an explanation of how a service indicator might hold the release of your official transcript is provided.
You must pay in full for each online transcript before it is processed. The fee is $5.00 per transcript. A $7.75 convenience fee is applied to each order where payment is made with a credit card.
Alternately, you may obtain an official transcript by coming to the Transcript section of the Office of Admissions and Records (University Center A3900) and presenting your student ID.
CAUTION! If you are viewing/printing the unofficial transcript, you must have the browser's pop-up blocker turned off. For instructions on how to do this, reference the Allowing Pop Ups section of the Browser Settings—Tips and Tricks How-To topic.
To Access Transcripts through Your myFSU Portal
1. To access your transcript from your portal page, go to my.fsu.edu and log on using your FSUID and password. (This is the same as your Blackboard log on.) Your myFSU portal Student Home page appears.
2. Click the Past tab.
3. Click the Course Quicklinks portlet and select either Request Official Transcript or View Unofficial Transcript.
To Access Transcripts When You're Already in Student Central
1. From your Student Center, go to Self Service>Academic Records>Request Official Transcript or View Unofficial Transcript.
NOTE: Alternately, you can access transcripts by going to the Academics area and clicking the drop-down box arrow. Select either the Transcript: View Unofficial or Transcript Review Official then click the >> arrow.
1. Upon navigating to the View Unofficial Transcript link, the View Unofficial Transcript page appears in the Academics tab.
2. In the Report Type drop-down box, select Unofficial Transcript.
3. Click the view report button.
IMPORTANT! Generating the report might take a few minutes to complete. DO NOT press any additional buttons or click any links while the report is generating!
4. A PDF of the report opens in a separate tab.
REMEMBER! You need to have the browser's pop-up blocker turned off. For instructions on how to do this, reference the Allowing Pop Ups section of the Browser Settings—Tips and Tricks How-To topic.
1. Upon navigating to the Request Official Transcript link, the Request Official Transcript page appears in the My Academics tab.
2. In the Select Option drop-down box, the default value is Immediate Processing. However, two other options are available:
- Degree Confer Date: Select to have the transcript sent on the date your degree is conferred.
- Grade Posting: Select to have the transcript sent on the date grades post.
3. After selecting one of the future date options, a Select Term drop-down box appears. Select the appropriate term, and the corresponding processing date appears to the right of the drop-down box.
4. The transcript can be sent to an address you have on file by selecting the Send to My Address check box.
5. upon selecting the Send to My Address check box, an Address Type drop-down box appears. Select the address to which you want the transcript mailed.
6. To edit the chosen address, click the Edit Address link. The Edit Address page appears.
7. After making the edits, click OK. To return to the main Request page without making changes, click Cancel.
IMPORTANT! Providing incomplete address information delays the processing of your request!
1. If you have a service indicator (SI) preventing the release of your transcript, you will see the message indicated by the arrow in the image below, along with the SI symbol (red circle with a line through it).
2. To see the service indicators on your record, click the You have a hold on your records - Click for Details link. The Your Holds page appears.
IMPORTANT! A variety of service indicators (holds) can block access to features of your student record.
HOWEVER, if you have the Academic Record Review service indicator (SI), that particular SI blocks ONLY the release of your official transcript until the pending review is complete.
There are four possible Academic Record Review types, and your record could be under review for only one, any combination of, or all four of those review types. To see what kind of Academic Record Review SI has been applied to your record, click the Academic Record Review link for details.
3. Upon clicking the Academic Record Review link, the Hold Item appears, and the Instructions area notes the reason for the SI. The four possibilities types of review are:
FSU Credit Reviews
Transfer Credit Review
4. In this example, the SI reason is the Transcript Notes reason. As with any SI that has an impact, follow the instructions if you need to take further steps.